The New Mexico County Clerk in Santa Fe is just a walk from the Plaza.
Getting a marriage license in Santa Fe New Mexico is easy, and our County Clerk’s staff will welcome all couples with smiles and quick easy service. So many couples have expressed to me how friendly and helpful the people at the County Clerk’s office are; always expressing their congratulatory enthusiasm! If you are staying at any of our downtown hotels, the office is an easy walk from the plaza. There is some pay parking out front and a pay parking lot across the street as well as street parking. It is wise to call ahead if you only have a Friday to get your license and it is a holiday weekend, as they might be closed. You can get your New Mexico marriage license and get married on the same day.
If your home is another country, it is wise to check if or how a US marriage license is or can be legal in your home country. Most Texas marriage licenses are legal to be used in New Mexico. However, it is wise to check with your Texas county to be sure.
So here are the logistics:
- phone: 505-986-6280
- address: 102 Grant Ave.
- time open: 8am to 5pm, Monday-Friday
- photo ID required – US driver’s license or Passport if not US citizen
- know your Social Security number
- $25.00 Cash
- must be 18 years of age – If younger call for information on parental permission.
- You may get your marriage license in any county in New Mexico and get married in any other county. You must return your New Mexico marriage license to the county from where it was issued.
- Albuquerque County Clerk’s Office – 505-768-4314
There is additional information on my website under the link Marriage License New Mexico